Buy Spiriva Handihaler (Tiotropium) Online From Medications Canada.
( Top Brand Option )
See Alternative Pricing below for savings
What is Spiriva Handihaler?
Spiriva Handihaler (tiotropium bromide) is an oral inhalation indicated as a maintenance treatment of bronchospasm among patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), including bronchitis and emphysema. This anticholinergic inhalation powder works by inhibiting M3-receptors at the smooth muscles resulting in bronchodilation. Thus, it could prevent and control symptoms like wheezing and shortness of breath.
This drug is available in Spiriva 18 mcg.
Directions in using Spiriva Handihaler
Initially, read the medication leaflet that comes with this medication. Make sure to read each section and understand all the Spiriva Handihaler instructions printed in the guide. If you have queries regarding this inhalation or how to use Spiriva Handihaler, you may ask your physician or pharmacist.
The inhalation powder of this medication comes in capsules. DO NOT swallow the capsules orally. Use the inhalation device based on a dosing schedule to avoid missing your dose. In case you forgot your dose, take it immediately. However, do not take a missed dose if it is close to your next scheduled dose.
Use this medication regularly and with evenly spaced intervals to get the full benefit. Do not alter your prescribed dose, take it more frequently, or stop abruptly to avoid overdose or worsening symptoms.
Step by step guide in using Spiriva Handihaler:
1. Take out your handihaler and push the green button to open the dust cap.
2. Pull the dust cap upward from the base to see the mouthpiece.
3. Take out one Spiriva blister from the pack by tearing along the lines. Take out the capsule and place it in the middle chamber of the handihaler. Close the mouthpiece until it clicks.
4. Hold the handihaler with the mouthpiece pointing up. Press the green piercing stud or button once until it is flat. DO NOT press the green stud more than once and do not shake the device once the capsule has been inserted.
5. While your head is in an upright position, exhale deeply through your mouth.
6. Place the mouthpiece into your mouth in a horizontal position. Seal your lips around the mouthpiece and make sure your fingers are not blocking the air vent.
7. Inhale through your mouth deeply and as long as you can. You will feel or hear the Spiriva rattle.
8. Hold your breath for a few seconds and take the handihaler out of your mouth,
9. Breathe normally again and then repeat steps 5-8. Use the same capsule inside the handihaler.
10. After two inhalations, rinse your mouth with water and do not swallow it.
11. Once you are done, open the mouthpiece again and discard the empty capsule properly without touching it. Turn the device upside down and tap it gently to remove excess inhalation powder from the capsule.
What are the side effects of Spiriva Handihaler?
Common side effects of Spiriva Handihaler
- Dry mouth
- Stuffy nose
- Throat irritation
- Stomach upset
- Muscle pain
Severe side effects of Spiriva Handihaler:
- Dysuria or painful urination
- Eye swelling
- Vision changes
People using Spiriva Handihaler experience mild to no side effects. Most side effects usually disappear without medical intervention. However, if you experience serious adverse reactions or persistent side effects, consult your physician or healthcare provider as soon as possible.
Warnings and Precautions when using Spiriva Handihaler
Stay alert for serious allergic reactions when using this inhalation. Do not use Spiriva Handihaler if you have a known allergy to ipratropium, atropine, belladonna-type drugs, or any inactive ingredients this oral inhalation may contain. Seek emergency help if you observe signs of an allergic reaction such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face and neck, severe dizziness, hives, and skin rash.
It is highly necessary to disclose your current medical condition to your physician or if you have a history of glaucoma, kidney disorders, or difficulty urinating. Some medical conditions and drugs you have been taking may impact how your body responds to treatment.
Limit alcoholic drinks or other substances as this medication may cause dizziness and blurred vision. In addition, practice extreme caution when doing activities that require alertness, such as driving or the use of machinery.
For pregnant and breastfeeding women, use this handihaler only if the potential benefits are more significant than the potential risks.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can children use Spiriva Handihaler?
Spiriva Handihaler is not indicated for children.
What is the difference between Spiriva Handihaler and Spiriva Respimat?
On Spiriva Handihaler vs Respimat, handihaler dispenses inhalation powder, whereas respimat is a soft mist inhaler.
How long can I use my Spiriva Handihaler device?
You can use your handihaler for up to twelve months.
Can I use the Spiriva Handihaler device for other inhalation powders?
This handihaler is especially designed for Spiriva capsules. You should not use it for other medications,
How much does Spiriva Handihaler cost?
You can check the Spiriva Handihaler price at the top of this page.